Paradise is Sharing...

Saturday, July 28, 2012

On the Right Track ....

"Even if you are on the right track, you will get run over if you just sit there."  ~ Will Rogers

I finally feel like I am on the right track.  Things are starting to come together.... hard work and persistence is paying off.  I spent the entire day working on creating a sign up for my Mastermind Groups on my webpage - and despite my "tech-tardedness" I was able to put something together.  My brochures are 99% done, and should be ready to go to the printer come Monday.  All the challenges, all the stumbles.... at least I never stood still ... I managed to keep going - mostly because I always knew I was on the right track.

It would be nice to take a rest... but I have a feeling if I slow down, I might get run over.  I need to push on.... the finish line is in view.

As a life coach, I recognize that this is the pivotal moment where many people lose steam.  They've been chugging along for so long, as soon as the tracks line up and they start to reap the fruits of their labor, they slack off.  I find myself doing the same thing... the further away I get from discomfort, the less urgency is in the tasks at hand.  The closer I get to getting the task complete, the more comfortable I feel.

So how do you keep going?  How can you insure that you will finish the race?



People are motivated generally by two things - they are trying to escape pain... or they are trying to gain pleasure.  Sometimes, I feel like I've experienced "pain" for so long, that just a trickle of pleasure is enough.....  I am so satisfied with feeling "just a little bit better" that I am happy enough to be in the race... the finish no longer seems important to me anymore.   I have a track record of not finishing races ... unfinished books, incomplete projects... the last 20 pounds I always seem to need to lose.  I start because I can't stand my current situation any more.... I feel a little bit better.... the pain wears off - and back in steps complacency.


Complacency is sitting still on the tracks... and this time, I am going for the gold.  I am not sitting still. I refuse to get run over.   This little train thinks she can, thinks she can, knows she can.... and will be glad when she's knew she could do it. I'm on the right track.





Paradise is Here, Paradise is Now ... Paradise is being on the right track..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Paradise is Here, Paradise is Now... Paradise is having people comment on my blog :)